Poll

This Sounds Good ?

Need to be balanced and it's perfect !
Almost, need more Idea/Improvement
I don't think so

Author Topic: IDEA - MOD  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Nightshades on: April 19, 2013, 03:53:40 PM

• You can't match my ASM skills if you are beginner.
  • AwardsFor helping with translations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello i'm new to the community, nice website and project :D.
That's my idea:

GameType: Liberty/Conquest

Liberty:

This Mod will be made for the player who want to spawn/play as any "Class/Type" and be free to build/Attack the ennemies, without any restriction.

Conquest:

This Mod will be made for advanced/hardcore player, each player will play only 1 Specific "class" eg: You will play only as Engineer, or Soldier, like TeamFortress, but keeping the tremulous system. (with server configuration Hardcore Enabled, will be only 1 Life ! per round ! so don't die !)

Human SentryGun:

This will be possible to unmount a sentrygun and use it in the hands, for exceptional situation, exemple, you don't have any weapon, this is your last hope, you unmount the turret (take the cannon in hand like a weapon) then you will have a little hope to rebuild, or your dead.

The SentryGun should Display a Floating Ammo Counter (GUI) at the top of the cannon.
The SentryGun can be unmount/used like a minigun, for a temporary time(heat time ?)or(remain ammo ?)

Medi(c)Station

This should be automatic like in tremulous 1 ? you go on, and you regenerate ?.
or an alternative, this will depend of the programmer/designer if they want to do this.

Like in Doom 3 there's a small Panel you move your mouse on the pannel and click on the (GUI) Heal to Start the process, it's like clicking on a button(mouse hover the texture) via your mouse, really realistic and funny !.

The Armoury:

This Should Play An Animation for Each Gun, for exemple, you buy a Rocket Launcher, a small crate is shipped at the right of the armoury, and drop, an animation like this. or there's alot in mind ^^.

--New Building--
Psi-Disruptor

it's like a secondary small generator, but this one, will generate little shockwave from a specific "radius""range" and emit a sounds, to alert the human an hostile alien is close !.

Fence/Gate

A Neutral Building, which will be surrounded by lightning(wall)(high damage to close alien who touch the wall, will need ranged attack to destroy it, or an advanced alien) and a working door to allow the human to enter/exit an outpost/base.

BaseJammer

A neutral building, who will protect your building, from the "alien feelings" (detection) from a specific range,(range is shown via a circle, before it's built)

Weapon:

Minigun
Rifle
Shotgun
Flamethrower
GrenadeLauncher
Railgun
PlasmaRifle (tremulous 1)

Advanced Weapon (BattleSuit/BioSuit) Only:

LuciferCannon (tremulous1)
GaussGun
AGL (advanced grenade launcher) can launch 3 Grenade at once !
A.R.E.S Rocket Launcher ammo(1) then need to reload from the armoury.

Armor:

Basic Armor (start)
Kevlar+Helmet (grant light protection)

Advanced Armor:

BattleSuit (grant an high protection/new powerfull weapons but a very slow speed).

BioSuit (this suit give the owner, immune to the alien "creep" slowly effect/poisonous damage/wounds) and immune to acid damage, and a normal Walk/Run Speed (very $$ EndGame suit and unable to equip high weapon like A.R.E.S Rocket Launcher Or AGL weapon)

Others Item:

Jetpack
Hand Grenade
Gravity Boots (+0.25% Jump Distance)
Speed Boots (+0.11% Walk/Run Speed)
Medkit (small/medium/Large)
Vaccine (use it to remove the Poisonous Damage !)

Sorry for my bad english, but thanks for reading !.
~Nightshades
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:06:19 PM by Nightshades »
Hacking (IDA 6.4)(Custom Cheat Engine)(Ollydbg)(Visual Studio) and ENG - FR Translator !

Offline imp #1 on: April 19, 2013, 04:06:52 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sounds nice but those all would need epic balancing to make it work.

Offline Nightshades #2 on: April 19, 2013, 04:07:48 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sounds nice but those all would need epic balancing to make it work.
yes :xD, but the alien can be good,:D need to find some proper building too.
Hacking (IDA 6.4)(Custom Cheat Engine)(Ollydbg)(Visual Studio) and ENG - FR Translator !

Offline Rotacak #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:47:35 AM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
In this case everybody will spawn as tyrant or battlesuit...

Fence will be there but without gate.

Sentry gun in your hands - there is a problem, you will take this gun from your base, run into alien base, die and now you have one sentry gun less in your base. If 15 players will take these guns from base defense then your base will be "deconned" :)

Armoury should be very fast, there is no room for any delay with animations. Anyway, there will be door animation, but only for effect.

Psi-Disruptor - interesing idea, question is if that will be used. Aliens are always everywhere.

BaseJammer - that could be dangerous, invissible buildings on the alien radar could cause ulimited game. Aliens need to sense all buildings.

GrenadeLauncher - not possible or very hard to balance it. You can "nade" enemy base with that from big distance.

BioSuit - acid damage is default alien defense, this would be overpowered.

Gravity Boots, Speed Boots,  Vaccine - not sure about these.

Offline Nightshades #4 on: April 20, 2013, 11:04:46 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
In this case everybody will spawn as tyrant or battlesuit...

Fence will be there but without gate.

Sentry gun in your hands - there is a problem, you will take this gun from your base, run into alien base, die and now you have one sentry gun less in your base. If 15 players will take these guns from base defense then your base will be "deconned" :)

Armoury should be very fast, there is no room for any delay with animations. Anyway, there will be door animation, but only for effect.

Psi-Disruptor - interesing idea, question is if that will be used. Aliens are always everywhere.

BaseJammer - that could be dangerous, invissible buildings on the alien radar could cause ulimited game. Aliens need to sense all buildings.

GrenadeLauncher - not possible or very hard to balance it. You can "nade" enemy base with that from big distance.

BioSuit - acid damage is default alien defense, this would be overpowered.

Gravity Boots, Speed Boots,  Vaccine - not sure about these.

I like your point of view =D add my skype: Nightshades.Unknow if you wanna talk seriously, or should i always post =D ?

Between, is this possible to add a Security in the game (network) for exemple "WardenScan" like blizzard use ? but without desynch every player, it's for prevent sv_cheats force, and packet editing.

About the SentryGun your right, but what about it, you take it in your hands only when the health is critical (only when the alien damage does enough damage) and so it's only for an "emergency" in this case, you will got like 20-25 Ammo only 1 Clip, then an animation is playing (drop the sentrygun cannon, and then vanish) =D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:15:04 AM by Nightshades »