Author Topic: Jetpack and flamethrower.  (Read 8875 times)

Offline Loki #15 on: November 22, 2012, 09:22:16 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lol well just try to avoid him or have a friend nearby, or in 1.1 buy jetpack :D

Offline mario #16 on: November 22, 2012, 09:23:34 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Lol well just try to avoid him or have a friend nearby, or in 1.1 buy jetpack :D
It's still annoying i hate em' little suckers!

Offline Loki #17 on: November 22, 2012, 09:24:30 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Get a grenade or take flamethrower and burn the floor.

Offline mario #18 on: November 22, 2012, 09:26:30 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards

Get a grenade or take flamethrower and burn the floor.
i burn myself, but i can do it well with a luci even tho i takes away almost half of my health.

Offline mario #19 on: November 22, 2012, 10:53:31 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
The flamethrower is very similar to the one on 'Natural 2'

Offline Rotacak #20 on: November 22, 2012, 10:55:19 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
On RCZ server, when you have a ping of ~205, and try to grab a Human with basi, or even bite with Dretch, you can't because the rest of the game says you're not at that location yet. Since "hit-boxes" would be completely natural, would this be corrected?
I had these problems on servers with unlagged off. Can't say now how it will be, but new engine should deal with it. It is independent on shape of collision box.

Offline ViruS #21 on: November 24, 2012, 09:52:01 AM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
On RCZ server, when you have a ping of ~205, and try to grab a Human with basi, or even bite with Dretch, you can't because the rest of the game says you're not at that location yet. Since "hit-boxes" would be completely natural, would this be corrected?
I understand what you mean.

According to the trem source code, basilisk grab never was unlagged. Hence it would be the same if you had unlagged off. You need to aim ahead the grabs in according to your ping. In 1.1 i just use a basilisk like a marauder on high ping servers so this doesn't really bother me.

This is kinda normal for me to not use them as much unless its a low ping server like Game Arena or Asia Unofficials because everywhere else i go is 300 ping + while european servers are generally 400+ [although europeans... damn they only get 120-250 ping on asia for some odd reason... lucky bast*rds :/]

On some occasions, i can tackle on several people with just one basilisks and shows how ping-bias basilisk is.
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Gunther #22 on: November 24, 2012, 03:41:09 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Who the crap plays on Asian servers?
Now you see me...now you don't...headshot

Offline mario #23 on: November 24, 2012, 04:19:15 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
I played once or twice, no one was really online so i left. But ya no one really plays there.

Offline Loki #24 on: November 25, 2012, 07:47:23 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Actually Virus is from Australia so his best ping will be there :P

Offline grmg.pl #25 on: November 25, 2012, 11:43:19 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Actually Virus is from Australia
Since he's playing upside down already he has no problem with wallwalking :D

Offline Gunther #26 on: November 26, 2012, 12:11:27 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards

Is it hard playing while standing on your head?  :P
Now you see me...now you don't...headshot

Offline mario #27 on: November 28, 2012, 06:03:54 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards

Is it hard playing while standing on your head?  :P
ya but unless u have a good gun like flamethrower or luci.

Offline ViruS #28 on: December 01, 2012, 12:21:00 PM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
We do get"frequent players" in comparison to other never-populated servers.. About 3-5 games a day on average i guess. But then each game can last as long as 100 minutes [Practice mode's timelimit is 100 minutes, and you can't kill each other's bases in the time as well, although you do get free creds and s3] which is a bit too  long [I'll ask wogo to reduce it to like... 45 next time i meet him]

But anyway, just because i'm in the southern hemisphere doesn't mean i can do things upside down. Honestly, wallwalking is my weakest point, probably due to the average framerate i get from this computer of mine.

...u have a good gun like flamethrower or luci.
No. 1.1 luci was spam-able although one thing i loved about it is the luci jumping, and gpp luci, well us australians dubbed it the "MDKsomething" and i just call it the "MD Cannon" which is the "mass driver cannon" due to its high speed.

Also, as far as i know due to the lack of newbies in australia, we have a higher Pro-Noob ratio of players, then europeans are probably next leaving the americas last [Sorry!]

As a side effect, we hardly have any games, and on gpp the reason why asia seems so vacant any time of the day is because i need to organise games myself due to the lack of players within our region.

In gpp, honestly, there's probably only like 10 australian players from what i know. And a quater of which, live in my city because i recruited them to trem.

Also, i hear americans and europeans cannot tolerate pings above 150 XD (ahahahaha! Until about one and a half years ago, i had 0 servers on gpp under 300 ping! Try something new once in a while nabs!)
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Prophet #29 on: December 03, 2012, 08:01:13 AM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1. I think that stopping part is bug. We will not implement this bug :)

Do be careful about how you implement this.  Remember that one of the biggest benefits (Almost the only reason I personally use a jetpack ever) is that it allows you stop drop from high elevation to low elevation very quickly without taking fall damage.   Meaning if I fall from a very tall spot to the ground, I turn my jetpack on and off just to stop above the ground.  Alternatively, if I'm on a cannon map, and use the cannon to get to the top (lets say the green room at the top of rotcannon) I will use the jetpack to stop accelerating upward so I can maneuver to the room easier.