Author Topic: Alien ideas thread  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Jerivision on: May 06, 2013, 09:50:48 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Show your ideas on this thread regarding what you'd like to see in the alien species on Tremulous 2 aka Murnatan. Personally what I'd like to see are more evolutions and branch evolutions, similar to Pokemon's eevee that has multiple evolutions. Things other than the tyrant to evolve into. I can see this as a fairly balanced idea as the big dogs having weaknesses and specializations they excel at. Maybe an ultra granger that can build really quickly.

my idea for the grangers would be to have different bombs to select from e.g. acid, smoke, glue.
and the ability to evolve into an ultra granger. ;D

Offline Loki #1 on: May 06, 2013, 11:05:42 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
some alien should get slime ability to slime floor

Offline Jerivision #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:17:52 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Yeah, hence the glue bomb to slow em down or use it to block light sources to make shadows for a short amount of time until it disappears. Granger is Mah fave. Also, aliens could possibly eat dead bodies to gain health and tyrants probably need to consume whole humans during trophy kills to gain chunks of health

Offline Rotacak #3 on: May 07, 2013, 02:35:35 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There will be most likely no more evolutions. Not even stages. Current status seems good, balanced and organized. Slime ability or something similar sounds good but I am not sure how it could be implemented.

Offline Loki #4 on: May 07, 2013, 03:31:46 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There will be most likely no more evolutions. Not even stages. Current status seems good, balanced and organized. Slime ability or something similar sounds good but I am not sure how it could be implemented.

for example it would be dretch's ability, when he goes through floor, he'll has to hold for an example "Q" key and so the slime will come from his body onto floor

Offline Jerivision #5 on: May 08, 2013, 08:51:26 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Maybe we could add something to the game, like the over mind issuing orders to the alien team in a strange emanating voice, humans could get orders from their command headsets and receive the audio fro. One side of the headset like the left ear. Overminds voice could emanate from the back of the head. "virtual barbershop" surround sound techniques.

Offline ^3Pikachu #6 on: May 25, 2013, 10:14:25 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Alien that shoots pheromones out of his body which attract bees (needs hives nearby).
He could then shoot a ball which the bees will chase.

Suicide bomber alien that doesn't do direct damage but gives emp blast which temporarily jams defensive structs (and arm/medi?)

Type of Goon that can ski (like in Tribes) by holding space. Pounce, slide, drift around corners :P

Sneaky alien that can attach to a human's back without him or anyone noticing it. (seems like a bad idea, but kinda cool).