Author Topic: Project Update  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Machine Medic on: May 15, 2013, 02:57:03 AM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's been a few months since we've heard any news about this project, so I figure now is as good of a time as any to see what's up with Rotakak and the team in the dev process.

So, what's up?  Where do we stand with funding, how are the developers holding up, and what other cool ideas are floating around in AAA studios?
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Effect #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:52:50 AM

• .:|Unknown' Clan Leader
    • View Profile
    • .:|Unknown' Clan Site
    • Awards
I agree. id like to hear if the whole copyright issue has been resolved and development is under way

Offline Rotacak #2 on: May 16, 2013, 10:09:23 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's been a few months since we've heard any news about this project, so I figure now is as good of a time as any to see what's up with Rotakak and the team in the dev process.
That is because before we were working for money, now we were working for free.

Dev process = we have first version of testing open map (for fps tests) and also for future map developing processess. We have also coded few first things in game like connecting to teams (alien, human, spectator), in-game working menu (selecting classes - builder/attacker), map team-cameras (intermission) and non active tesla building with visual surface damaging.

And another thing is that we have few weapon concepts and we are close to the final concept of a new alien (4 legs, 2 eyes).

So, what's up?  Where do we stand with funding, how are the developers holding up, and what other cool ideas are floating around in AAA studios?
Funding - nothing yet. But I working on it.

I agree. id like to hear if the whole copyright issue has been resolved and development is under way
Don't worry :)

Offline Machine Medic #3 on: May 16, 2013, 10:16:47 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good to hear that things are still underway even though funds are scarce.  The last thing I want to see is this project silently abandoned over time like so many others, and it looks like that is not going to happen here.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline ViruS #4 on: May 18, 2013, 09:03:21 AM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
Do you have a job yet? Surely you can't be living off bank interest...
The last thing I want to see is this project silently abandoned over time like so many others, and it looks like that is not going to happen here.
Now that I think about it, this project is starting to turn out a bit like the aftermath of volt's action of abandoning TremZ...
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Rotacak #5 on: May 18, 2013, 10:40:49 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The last thing I want to see is this project silently abandoned over time.
That will never happen. Murnatan is goal that will be achieved.

Offline MegaMedic #6 on: June 02, 2013, 12:27:23 AM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good to hear that things are still underway even though funds are scarce.  The last thing I want to see is this project silently abandoned over time like so many others, and it looks like that is not going to happen here.

Dont worry man. Rotacak is a ambitious man. He will finish MurnataN but in like 2 years.

Offline grmg.pl #7 on: June 02, 2013, 09:56:56 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
2 years
Dream on.

Offline Weed #8 on: July 03, 2013, 03:16:54 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
they need sponsors.