Poll

Your attention is required dear users.

We want a good anticheat, that way the game never die.
2 (100%)
I'm not interested, i'm just here to play the product.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: @devs, server sided  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Nightshades on: August 27, 2014, 11:06:49 PM

• You can't match my ASM skills if you are beginner.
  • AwardsFor helping with translations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hi Murnatan, also don't forgot to code something to ENCRYPT THE PACKET like in starcraft 2, or you will be pawned hard with flood or even cheat =D.... you know what to do, it's just to make it clear for all.

A hint for you devs: (don't make dumbass command client sided (like console) which will affect the render of the game, or we will have a NICE legit wallhack)) you see what i'm saying =D ?.

But i think even with that this would not avoid reverse engineer to make a wallhack or even reverse engine to display all ennemy on the radar, well i think you are limited on what you can put on the server side =D, for this case these functions/instructions aren't that hard, and this would HURT alot the gameplay between legit/haxor users.

Your best bet is to make a warden scan that look for injection/memory writing, also maybe you could use Themida to pack the game this would avoid script kiddies to run noob hack that they don't know how to make.

Ps: Well your currently working on but I EXPECT a good anti-cheat too don't forgot that a misscoding/failure will destroy your product, as i said this would be like Tribes Ascend =D dead in some month because of their poor anti cheat.

Have fun, i wish you success as always and thumb up when you release a beta !<lol>.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:39:36 PM by Nightshades »
Hacking (IDA 6.4)(Custom Cheat Engine)(Ollydbg)(Visual Studio) and ENG - FR Translator !

Offline Machine Medic #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:46:57 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

I *AM* the Anti-Cheat. 

On a serious note, I think that any sort of cheat-prevention measures that AAA can put in would be good... But I would rather let them focus on releasing the core game first before spending too much time worrying about cheating arseholes. 

I normally just ban the living hell out of troublemakers after due process... A system that would do that automatically and with faster detection would just be a very nice bonus.  Valve Anti-Cheat comes to mind.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:51:39 PM by Machine Medic »
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Nightshades #2 on: August 28, 2014, 12:09:05 AM

• You can't match my ASM skills if you are beginner.
  • AwardsFor helping with translations
    • View Profile
    • Awards

I *AM* the Anti-Cheat. 

On a serious note, I think that any sort of cheat-prevention measures that AAA can put in would be good... But I would rather let them focus on releasing the core game first before spending too much time worrying about cheating arseholes. 

I normally just ban the living hell out of troublemakers after due process... A system that would do that automatically and with faster detection would just be a very nice bonus.  Valve Anti-Cheat comes to mind.

Okay thanks for your feedback, between you and me we both know that valve anti cheat sux and is completly useless, i had used for 2 year a legit wallhack that i made in autoIt (yes u can use memory with autoIT)

i've never been banned, or if you want you can also make a MATERIAL HACK, and spoofing the same size of the file (bypass md5 checksum) if you think valve anti-cheat is a good anticheat...... i can cut my hand lol.

(on game like Counter strike / left 4 dead 2) or even garry's mod and other game.

PS: if your the anticheat, i'm the shield breaker haha  ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:12:04 AM by Nightshades »
Hacking (IDA 6.4)(Custom Cheat Engine)(Ollydbg)(Visual Studio) and ENG - FR Translator !

Offline Rotacak #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:49:35 AM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Like already said Machine, our primary goal is core game. We can spend lot of time for anti-cheating techniques later. Bigger priority is good banning system and ban sharing system.

And I don't think that cheating will be problem there. Important is to recognize cheating. Big value will have community on each server and if someone will risk perma ban from that server (because of cheating), he just will never play on that server anymore, he will never meet his friends there, unless he will buy new copy of game. I think this is good anticheat itself :)