Author Topic: What kind of vehicles?  (Read 8570 times)

Offline Nomad #15 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:35 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Whenever a rant charges into a naked human (without any armor), it should activate the human's ragdoll, so he will bounce, fly or just roll away, and if he survives, he would stand up again.

Offline grmg.pl #16 on: December 05, 2012, 06:30:54 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
No, mad.

1. You already flew away in 1.2
2. You could shoot the rant while being trampled.
3. No recovery time needed.
4. Trample+NO-DELAY-primary-attack?

Ragdoll yes, why not, but only a as visual not point-of-aim "doing backflips"

Offline Nomad #17 on: December 05, 2012, 09:34:35 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You would just fly away like in 1.2, but in ragdoll.. (only naked humans) and then when you're still, you'd stand up. Or something like that.

Offline Gunther #18 on: December 06, 2012, 01:43:50 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
You would just fly away like in 1.2, but in ragdoll.. (only naked humans) and then when you're still, you'd stand up. Or something like that.

"Fly away" sound way too far. Lets face it, if you get hit with something tha makes you "fly away" from a standstill, or ~30 feet away, it's going to kill you unless you have a bsuit. Especially if they're running at you.
Now you see me...now you don't...headshot

Offline ViruS #19 on: December 06, 2012, 01:00:00 PM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
Then Tyrant will take a long time to slow down afterwards, which no one wants either.
It has large and meaty legs. I don't think it needs to slow down slowly.
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Gunther #20 on: December 06, 2012, 02:36:07 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Then Tyrant will take a long time to slow down afterwards, which no one wants either.
It has large and meaty legs. I don't think it needs to slow down slowly.
So then it is extremely unmaneuverable, which detracts from the fun of the game.

Offline ViruS #21 on: December 08, 2012, 11:16:13 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
So then it is extremely unmaneuverable, which detracts from the fun of the game.
You've got the wrong idea. I meant the legs are "meaty" because it's full of muscle.
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.

Offline Gunther #22 on: December 08, 2012, 07:57:43 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
You've got the wrong idea. I meant the legs are "meaty" because it's full of muscle.
Sounds like a "super-tyrant". Why have an uber alien that mostly kills what it runs into?

Offline Machine Medic #23 on: December 08, 2012, 10:46:17 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tyrant is already powerful enough as it is, considering one can stand in front of four turrets, and take out three before retreating.

Much more, and you might as well let me loose on every server with !explode permission, lol.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline ViruS #24 on: December 13, 2012, 02:09:11 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Tyrant is already powerful enough as it is, considering one can stand in front of four turrets, and take out three before retreating.
That's 1.1. In gpp, if you stand in front of one turret, you can take 80 damage per second (i think) [Pulse rifle is 90 with fps > 50] and gpp tyrant has 350 health maximum. We'll have to wait for rotacak to decide what to do about this.

#other info:
My gpp-1.1 fusion mod has the tyrant with 375 hp, GPP-like [nerfed] charge [initial 76 dmg, 1.1 armour system {hence not that overpowered}, minimum damage 15, 10 per second, takes a little above a whole second to kill a larmour-helmet without swiping], 1.1 charge-swipe combo abilities, regenerates 10hp/s* without a booster, and 20hp/s with boost.
*My latest one, hasn't been uploaded yet because of a bug i need to get rid of that causes signal 11 crashes

1.1 rant has 400 hp, deals ~140 damage per second with swipe, charge only about 50, regenerates 14 hp/s.
GPP rant has 350 hp, deals out ~120 dmg/s with swipe, charge ~800 dmg/s [Initial hit 111 if started while touching, does 10 times per second, kills battlesuits within 0.4 seconds, larmour-helms in 0.3] and heals 3.5 hp/s [wtf you may ask? I'm serious.]
Sounds like a "super-tyrant". Why have an uber alien that mostly kills what it runs into?
Velocity is velocity. We can say it like [in terms of current quake units] divide velocity by 6 and you'll get the result damage. Hence running into stationary stnaked people would take at least 3 hits while charging only 2. Maybe we could also add a 'buff' for using the secondary button and/or make simple 'nudging' deal 20% damage or so.
Btw, whenever you deal damage with charge, you push them way so it isn't as easy as you think to simply 'run into them constantly' especially with a ping like the one i usually have. Now that i think about it, that's just another ping-bias thing. Tremulous already has so many ping-bias-ness.
Gpp is considered "balance" but that's just because high pingers can't use classes like basilisk and tyrant as their main functions require low pings. In reality with low ping, aliens are overpowered as fuck, moreso than 1.1 aliens are.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:16:43 PM by ViruS »

Offline Gunther #25 on: December 14, 2012, 03:03:12 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Gpp is considered "balance" but that's just because high pingers can't use classes like basilisk and especially dragoon as their main functions require low pings. In reality with low ping, aliens are overpowered as fuck, moreso than 1.1 aliens are.
I can "use" a tyrant actually. Two good claw-hits and they go down...which is why I have to become a camp-rant. Dretch is also a lifesaver because of automatic bite.

Offline Nomad #26 on: December 14, 2012, 06:08:48 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1.2 simply sucks, 1.1 was the real tremulous.. :/

Offline Machine Medic #27 on: December 14, 2012, 10:22:28 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1.1 was the real tremulous.. :/

*cough* IS *cough*

::)

You didn't hear anything.

Agree, 1.2 pales in comparison to 1.1, especially modded 1.1.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:23:59 PM by Machine Medic »
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

Offline Loki #28 on: December 14, 2012, 10:26:47 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1.1 was the real tremulous.. :/

*cough* IS *cough*

::)

You didn't hear anything.

Agree, 1.2 pales in comparison to 1.1, especially modded 1.1.

1.2 < 1.1 ul < 1.1 thz lol

Offline Machine Medic #29 on: December 15, 2012, 03:38:26 AM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1.2 < 1.1 ul < 1.1 thz lol

Glad somebody finally agrees with me about that, lol.

Also, not sure what UL/THZ are.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:41:42 AM by Machine Medic »