Author Topic: Another IndieGoGo reward  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Rotacak on: August 28, 2018, 01:37:58 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello,

I created small musical game Beat the Song and decided to give it to IndieGoGo supporters as a another reward while he waiting for Murnatan.

This game is last try how to make atlest some money. If this will fail then I need go to find common job.

Also I need to do one thing first - buy a new computer to continue with anything. It is impossible to work with this (about 6 years old computer) anymore. It's hell. I was testing Murnatan on the lowest quality settings and then was surprised what a game I see when I turned on slideshow (max quality). Imagine how I had to do screenshots for you (not possible) or videos (hahaha).

Ah, one more thing. Thanks to Beat the Song I figured out a way how to create MODs for Unreal Engine 4 games (crazy thing) and I discovered why it causing big lag when you going to the server browser for first time. Question is what situation will be in Murnatan where is big part of game in C++. Hmm, we will see.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:30:18 PM by Rotacak »

Offline BFG #1 on: August 29, 2018, 12:11:24 AM

• AwardsFor helping with translations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Please excuse me if I'm talking out of my ass here, I just wanted to give my 2cents about this game, since thats all I can do ;P

So, I really liked the idea of your musical game and I wonder why it's taken till 2018 for a rhythm game where you actually "play the sounds that come out" to exist. I tried the demo, and while its a bit buggy and maybe lacking a bit on the juicyness department, I really liked it and wanted to buy it and play the other songs.

But the thing is, I think the price is way too high for what it is. Look, I would happily buy it right now if I wasn't a bit broke at this moment because its you who made it, I like murnatan, I want you to succeed and all that stuff. But I don't see any reason to buy it at $20 for most other people, since there are lots of free similar (sort of) games with more well known songs and many more of those too. I think you would make more money overall if you charged half of that or maybe even less, so more people would buy it and not think too much about it.

Also, I think the song you chose for the demo isn't really that great at showing what the game is all about, since its not that "rythmic" and takes quite a while to get going. I would personally pick the current first one, because: 1) its the first one, so less scrolling needed to see it and 2) sounds a bit more upbeat. But I know this is almost irrelevant cause this is just my personal preference and different people like different things.

Oh, and btw, the demo song on medium dificulty seems to be broken and not play at all =/

Sorry if I sounded too negative, it wasn't my intention at all, I really liked it. I just want it to be successfull, have lots of songs and fund Murnatan ;)

Offline Rotacak #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:38:46 AM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hi, BFG. I think that price is something that will change almost nothing. If is not $60 or 0 :) BTW, I would like to know that similar or free games like this - I fear that there is not much games like that. Personally I don't know any (only old Beatmania from arcade machines). What you can see around are only generated falling icons from mp3. That seems similar but it is something totally different. Generated things are boring things about nothing (for me). But this has great feeling. But this is hard to explain for new players, maybe even impossible. For first look it seems like unknown songs and game like many others - like you said.

About well known songs (or new ones) - great thing is that this is not needed. Because when you will successfully finish let's say medium difficulties (harder = better feeling) then you will discover greatness of that songs. For example for me is the best Mayan Dust, that is something absolutely epic. And I never heard it before. But it looks common when you will hear it for firsttime. So this is not problem at all but I understand that opinion for first look.

Demo song was hard to pick because should be simple and with short samples. First song have long samples and that can be confusing for new players. This is also better with harder difficulties - shorten samples.
But there should be only one song with one difficulty in demo. If another difficulty is unlocked then it is wrong, I will look at it.

Offline BFG #3 on: August 30, 2018, 03:21:12 PM

• AwardsFor helping with translations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
http://guitarflash.com/ is the most complete one I know, and their Android port feels especially good to play for some reason. I've played a few others that are not simply generated from mp3s, but I can only remember this one right now.

Offline Rotacak #4 on: August 30, 2018, 04:49:47 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I tried it but it does not play any sound when you pressing keys. There is only full song played at background and you only catching icons for score. That is main difference between that games. Try to press keys in Beat the Song somewhere else than on icons and you will see (but not from very begining, atleast one need to fall trough that line what you want to press).