Author Topic: We are on Kickstarter  (Read 14302 times)

Offline Nomad #15 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:32 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I don't think the game will get funded.. you don't have enough "solid" material that people want to see.

What happens if it doesn't get funded?

Offline Rotacak #16 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:09 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I think that project presentation is good.

If Kickstarter will fail then we have to seek another way to fund this project, rewards will be canceled, prepurchase will not be for only $10, release date will not be 2014 and game can have some different features.

But Kickstarter is very interesting experience. We already got few various offers.

Offline Nomad #17 on: February 17, 2013, 10:51:40 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yes the presentation is good, but people want to see something from the game, like a minimum gameplay.

Offline Rotacak #18 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:34 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Kickstarter is basically for projects - if people like it, is funded and project will happen. If not, project is discarded.

So working betaversion it can help, but is not needed.

Offline Machine Medic #19 on: February 17, 2013, 11:42:35 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm just really worried about the project... 2 days in and not even 1% funding. 

I think we're going to need some form of cheap advertizing to get the attention it needs to succeed.

Currently, we need at least ~$1,700+/day to meet the goal.

Tomorrow it will be up to $1,850, assuming we don't start getting some serious publicity right now.  No matter how good this game is, if people don't know about it, they can't support it.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Axl #20 on: February 18, 2013, 12:37:27 AM

• Junior
  • Whats up Bros!
    • View Profile
    • JonnaGold
    • Awards
I have Asked Nintendo to see if they can fund you cause you have potential to make this a great game. ;D
Formally known as the "Stat Padding Try Hard" on World of Tanks.....

Offline Axl #21 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:52 AM

• Junior
  • Whats up Bros!
    • View Profile
    • JonnaGold
    • Awards
I have Asked Nintendo to see if they can fund you cause you have potential to make this a great game. ;D

The Forum might say i am a newbie but i am a intermediate player.

Offline Gunther #22 on: February 18, 2013, 04:51:36 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards

That's a real point actually.
Why re-mow the lawn? Maybe...if you could find them...you could partner up with a game company that already has money, just to get you off the ground.
Basically to pull your own weight without something backing you is a high risk.
Now you see me...now you don't...headshot

Offline Machine Medic #23 on: February 18, 2013, 05:41:17 AM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The point of indie devs is to avoid having to cave to investor's wishes during game development, and that's what makes them so great.

Having a sponsor line EA for instance, means you get shitloads of money, but have two-month deadlines, paid DLC, and horrible content changes.

2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline ViruS #24 on: February 18, 2013, 02:05:32 PM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
ViruS: ?
It is old tesla and new tesla.
Describe it in a different way then. For example, "redone" or "reconstructed blueprint" of tesla generators etc.

Like I said somewhere in the past, you should get someone to check your English before you publish. Just like the previous "comming soon" title, lots of people made fun of that.

I'm failing english honestly due to the shitloads of semester marks being dependant on silly essays, but surely my english grammatical skills are somewhat better than yours.
If you were to hire me to check for you, my fixes may be wrong to some people because Australian spelling can be different (such as colour, that's a common one that annoys me when doing a cvar search in the console). However grammar should be the same.

Long story short: I'm indirectly saying you should hire an English checker of some sort, but don't hire me.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:08:54 PM by ViruS »
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Loki #25 on: February 18, 2013, 03:45:01 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Rotacak #26 on: February 18, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Like I said somewhere in the past, you should get someone to check your English before you publish. Just like the previous "comming soon" title, lots of people made fun of that.
If lots of people made fun then it is good. Fun is good. You should not to be so serious.

you should get someone to check your English before you publish
Raise Kickstarter goal to $100 000 and I will hire someone, or tell me about someone who will do that for free.

Offline Gunther #27 on: February 18, 2013, 06:23:09 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
The point of indie devs is to avoid having to cave to investor's wishes during game development, and that's what makes them so great.

Having a sponsor line EA for instance, means you get shitloads of money, but have two-month deadlines, paid DLC, and horrible content changes.

There are many people who would want/have been wanting to see a legit sequel to Tremulous, and here it is...almost. And it's the "almost" that's kills most games.
Now you see me...now you don't...headshot

Offline Axl #28 on: February 18, 2013, 06:29:55 PM

• Junior
  • Whats up Bros!
    • View Profile
    • JonnaGold
    • Awards
Well I am a not Game Developer I would love to be a Admin but that probably won't Happen. :D

Offline Lancer #29 on: February 18, 2013, 10:48:30 PM

• Junior
  • Live by the day, 'cause there may be no tommorow.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ViruS: ?
It is old tesla and new tesla.
Describe it in a different way then. For example, "redone" or "reconstructed blueprint" of tesla generators etc.

I'm failing english honestly due to the shitloads of semester marks being dependant on silly essays, but surely my english grammatical skills are somewhat better than yours.
If you were to hire me to check for you, my fixes may be wrong to some people because Australian spelling can be different (such as colour, that's a common one that annoys me when doing a cvar search in the console). However grammar should be the same.

Long story short: I'm indirectly saying you should hire an English checker of some sort, but don't hire me.

Instead of constantly whining and stuff, you can also help.
But you said: Don't hire me, so you don't help.

So instead of whining, give at least some proper feedback, or don't say anything at all.