Author Topic: "Earn Real Money"  (Read 17143 times)

Offline Prophet #45 on: December 03, 2012, 08:07:39 AM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Paying money for maps would be problematic because we'll just have what he had in 1.1:

ATCS ALL DAY EVERY DAY! <3

But seriously speaking, why not make it so that servers pay the map makers to have the map on the server, not the player.  That way, good map makers can still get paid, because server owners will want their map on their server.  And servers with more maps will naturally attract more players, so this would definitely create opportunities for map designers.  As result, we would get more maps of better quality as a community.

Offline ViruS #46 on: December 03, 2012, 11:46:02 AM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
But with new extremely customizable servers, this won't be a problem, since almost anyone can make anything they want.
Nope. "Customizable" in your sense is probably just things like pre-made command variables like [ill make one up:] g_rifle_dmg "5" up to "20"

But when i see "customizable" in my sense, i think of being able to edit the source code and implement features like what i have done to my lolards 1.1 mod. Some of them are the dynamic luci speeds, "more realistic" turret turning, battery decay for painsaw while it is active [not firing][Painsaw actually has ammunition and it drains 1 per second, has a total ammunition of 1000 if using a battery pack, uses about 18 per second if it is being used] and shitloads more.

Sadly this is going to be a closed source project hence "customizing" for me is a long gone dream [rather impossible]
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Rotacak #47 on: December 03, 2012, 03:12:20 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Paying money for maps would be problematic because we'll just have what he had in 1.1:

But seriously speaking, why not make it so that servers pay the map makers to have the map on the server, not the player.  That way, good map makers can still get paid, because server owners will want their map on their server.  And servers with more maps will naturally attract more players, so this would definitely create opportunities for map designers.  As result, we would get more maps of better quality as a community.
With game will be released more maps that only new ATCS :)

Paying for maps - depends on what map maker will choose (free/players will pay/servers will pay). Moreover, in case of "servers will pay", anyone will be able to buy map for any server, not just server owner.

Offline Gunther #48 on: December 03, 2012, 03:31:22 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards

With game will be released more maps that only new ATCS :)

Paying for maps - depends on what map maker will choose (free/players will pay/servers will pay). Moreover, in case of "servers will pay", anyone will be able to buy map for any server, not just server owner.
Some day you'll have to make that tough choice...or everyone just forget the "pay to play specific map" crap. We already will pay upwards of $30 for this, why turn it into a money-grubbing game where all map-makers want cash?
Now you see me...now you don't...headshot

Offline Rotacak #49 on: December 03, 2012, 04:49:36 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Some day you'll have to make that tough choice...or everyone just forget the "pay to play specific map" crap. We already will pay upwards of $30 for this, why turn it into a money-grubbing game where all map-makers want cash?
That depends on map makers. You will be able to create something too: create -> sell -> gain money -> buy map. Without spending real money.

There will be more content, if you can make money with it. Not like now in old tremulous, where we waiting forever for new version of nintendo land :)

Offline Nomad #50 on: December 03, 2012, 04:55:29 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I still think most players will make maps for free, even though they'll have a chance to sell it.

Offline Rotacak #51 on: December 03, 2012, 11:51:50 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I still think most players will make maps for free, even though they'll have a chance to sell it.
No problem :)

Offline Machine Medic #52 on: December 07, 2012, 01:24:19 AM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Any idea if the player will be able to set the going price for his or her maps in the content store?

Also, if the devs will earn a percentage of player revenues, what percentage will that be?  Probably around 10~25%?

Finally, will each seller have a store 'profile', where other players will be able to see all of the seller's maps and content, as well as some personalized text or banners?

I know it's pretty early in the development to be asking these types of questions, but if you had anything in mind, I was just curious to see what the devs were thinking so far.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Rotacak #53 on: December 07, 2012, 02:58:36 AM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Any idea if the player will be able to set the going price for his or her maps in the content store?
Yes, player will set own price/free.

Also, if the devs will earn a percentage of player revenues, what percentage will that be?  Probably around 10~25%?
Can't tell now, is too early. But yes, something around that.

Finally, will each seller have a store 'profile', where other players will be able to see all of the seller's maps and content, as well as some personalized text or banners?
Yes. Without "personalized text or banners" - what do you mean by that?

I know it's pretty early in the development to be asking these types of questions, but if you had anything in mind, I was just curious to see what the devs were thinking so far.
Keep asking :)

Offline ViruS #54 on: December 08, 2012, 11:54:31 AM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
That depends on map makers. You will be able to create something too: create -> sell -> gain money -> buy map. Without spending real money.

There will be more content, if you can make money with it. Not like now in old tremulous, where we waiting forever for new version of nintendo land :)
1. I'll just do that then.  But buying the game, well, that's another problem. We'll still have to buy from there unless somehow we manage to make a map before buying the actual game and gamepaks required to make the maps. It's a paradox in my opinion. Jump back in time to prevent your time jump by killing self.

2. I'm not to entirely sure about this, but that fish guy doesn't play tremulous anymore as far as i know. I don't think you should expect a new nintendo land, as you would with gmotw's skybox 005.
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.