Author Topic: Tremulous1.2 bads. Don't repeat it on Murnatan  (Read 5545 times)

Offline MegaMedic on: April 15, 2013, 08:50:10 AM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello.

I created this topic to show some stupid things from 1.2 and to make sure is not repeated in MurnataN

1. Score from 1.2: I really hate the score from 1.2. If for example I kill very hard a dragoon and increase credit for Stage 2, a noob go and destroy a acid tube and he get more points than me for destroying a structure. I really hate this points by destryoing structures. You work very hard to get a stage and a idiot kill structures and have very more points. Unfair.
     Try to be carful with points in Murnatan. Don't add it points for destroying structures. Is really stupid.
       Or just add but very less and more points for killing...

2. Pounce from dragoon: It's very annoying if you playing with human and fight vs a dragoon. Pounce is very sux on it. You can't do nothing.
   Well you can say: "humans have dodge". Alright so what happen if is not a large place? He can't dodge.
    Pounce whoring is very annoying so you must change it in. In 1.1 is more better because dragoon only can kill with pounce naked rifles.
   Try to add in Murnatan "Chomp" more dangerous and pounce like in 1.1 (Short: 1.1 dragoon + tyrant [which on this is same problem].

3. Updates: Here we can have a little problem too. For example game need to be updated. I must go in MurataN site to download it and install. This is annoying. This is why I'm too lazy to download Unvanquished and update it.
      Try to add updates directly in game. (You connect on game and a button show you, you must update the game. Press on it and is updating from there. "Update finished. Do you want to restart the game now?"

4. Jetpacks:     This is other problem too. For example you play in a map like Rotcannon and a noob buy jetpack and mass drive. What poor aliens can do? Nothing much.
            For this problem are 3 solutions:
                   1. Make a flying alien specially for that jetpacks so he can stop it.
                   2. At jetpack have some combustible which can be finished. Make the flying duration not infinite, 
                       so short.
                   3. If the maps can be make it be all players then make no boxes maps so that for aliens can't be
                         impossible to keep up with humans.
                      Your choice ^

Alright guys that's all. This is my opinion about shitty things in Trem 1.2 and please don't add it on MurnataN.

P.S. I don't want to see comments like: tl:tr, okay, so what? etc. If you just want to make more posts just go to Off Topic and don't comment shitty things here...

Offline Machine Medic #1 on: April 15, 2013, 12:42:14 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good news is that Rotakak originally intended to base this game off of 1.1 gameplay, not the broken-ass garbage from 1.2, so you're all set.

The game will be sold on Steam as well, so automatic updating will be easy.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline TheTravellingMerchant #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:49:08 PM

• Junior
  • Hello all! (I'm the Cookie Monster from GPP)
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Have valve accepted them on there then?

Offline Rotacak #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:56:12 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1) Scoring - I had to partially disappoint you. I am not sure how exactly scoring works in 1.2, but we had similar on Funserver 1.1 and it was good. You can fight hard with goon, that is true. But noob more often only waiting in base and sniping close aliens - result = camping, boring game for both teams and this noob camper have higest score. BTW, these noobs can camp in base whole hour.

But if noob want to kill acid tube, then he need to leave base and attack enemy base. That is harder and he can help other humans group or he atleast can feed aliens (good for them). Killing base is more valuable, because it is goal of the game.

2) Pounce, Tyrant - I agree, 1.1 is better.

3) Auto updates - sure.

4) Jetpack - Personally I think, that unlimited jetpacks are not problem, If there is not bad map. Anyway, there will be option for server owners and mappers, so they can choose between on/off/fuel.

Offline Rotacak #4 on: April 15, 2013, 08:57:53 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Have valve accepted them on there then?
We are not signed there yet. But autoupdate is easy thing even without Steam.

Offline Machine Medic #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:23:56 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: Rotakak
there will be option for server owners and mappers, so they can choose between on/off/fuel.

*applaud*   ;)
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

Offline MegaMedic #6 on: January 29, 2014, 09:55:29 AM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hei, this is my old topic about suggestions and I came with new ones about soundtracks.

I know that in old Tremulous there is only one soundtrack from main theme and some from others maps.
I want to ask and suggest if there are gonna be more soundtracks, like a spawn theme for humans and aliens (only at first time spawning, not respawn). Also this is gonna be more Call of Duty if I say this, but in multiplayer, when you play it, you have some music on background + some nice sound effects like (people, nature, insects and other shit).

For example this is a background sound when you play it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbCWrRoGiQ

To be honest soundtracks like these inspires me a lot. So at background sounds I don't say a soundtrack like 1,50 min. No. I say some sounds like 12 sec.

I know that AAA team can make a good job with soundtracks cus Tremulous 2 Menu theme and Underwater explosion had really nice soundtracks!

Offline Rotacak #7 on: January 30, 2014, 01:02:51 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Music in game is question for level designers. In default maps will be no music in common game. Just if map will have intro (for example theme maps) or some interactive moments (human landing with space ship), there can be music, but it will end soon and game itself will be again without music.

Background sounds are possible in some local locations, but it is not music, just ambient sound fx.

Offline Machine Medic #8 on: January 30, 2014, 01:47:38 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: Rotacak
Just if map will have intro (for example theme maps) or some interactive moments (human landing with space ship), there can be music, but it will end soon and game itself will be again without music.

I believe this is exactly what he was talking about.

Offline grmg.pl #9 on: January 31, 2014, 01:37:21 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Rota - if you put in your game the Benny Hill theme triggered by some button at command centre, combined with random movement of the players, the ghost of US1 will rise and haunt You for the rest of your electronic life :D

That was probably the most annoying thing, on one of the most played maps on Rcz.

Offline Facility. #10 on: January 31, 2014, 02:43:33 PM

• Junior
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Rotacak #11 on: February 03, 2014, 09:53:08 AM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Prophet #12 on: April 24, 2014, 12:28:46 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
On Scoring:  Why not both?  It really wouldn't be too hard.  Maybe I want to see my kills, deaths, structures destroyed, and a summarized score that accounts for all of these things.  There's no reason we can't design a gui that can include all of these things, with options to turn any of them on or off.

EDIT:  What would really be cool is to track advance statistics every game.  How much bleed did I do this game?  Whats my accuracy?  How much damage did I take from enemies?  How much from enemy structures?   Maybe a teamwork score, based on assists, and other contributions to allies.  How much damage did I do to myself while running in circles like a madman with a flamer?

All these numbers would be useful for power gamers like me that constantly look for areas to improve.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:34:11 PM by Prophet »

Offline Rotacak #13 on: April 26, 2014, 08:01:45 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Prophet: Yes, it is not hard, in advanced statistics can be practically anything and we can even add another things for tracing later too. But in main score table in game must not be "more kills" = "better place in table", because that will rewarding not only good players but also bad players (campers). That value (kills) can be there but cannot change players position in score table.

Offline MegaMedic #14 on: June 14, 2014, 07:28:08 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I won't start other new stupid topics, so I will post here my suggestions.

What about on TAB to add numbers of deaths to a player?