Author Topic: Could Help: With Making Maps  (Read 4384 times)

Offline Effect on: May 04, 2013, 04:37:32 AM

• .:|Unknown' Clan Leader
    • View Profile
    • .:|Unknown' Clan Site
    • Awards
I dont know if you already have someone working on the maps, but im very familiar with net-radiant mapping program, and could help out some.

Here are a few of my maps: (most never got a update, Beta 2, due to how dead tremulous 1.1 got)

Deep Space: Beta 1 (Never finished, still had alot to fix) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5rzxh6dyiU

Alien Research Facility (pretty much finished besides the party of some glitches and the spiral stairs need to be shorter) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHkN6Qngzyg

UCM: Beta 1 (Currently too big, needs more detail in some rooms and all halls) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qXNOKrE7wE

Offline Loki #1 on: May 04, 2013, 07:55:42 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Game will be on Unreal Engine 3, not on Q3 Engine => the program isn't compatible and so maps neither.

Offline imp #2 on: May 05, 2013, 03:54:20 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Probably better place for this topic would be RCZ forum . As Loki said , radiant wont do any good here.
Btw. I am working on maps in radiant but for Tremulous ofc.

Offline Rotacak #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:54:20 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Effect: Making maps for Murnatan is currently hard for you. They need to be created in UDK ( http://www.udk.com/ ). UDK allowing to make map from blocks like in the radiant, but recommended approach is to make entire map with 3D objects and that is too much work. Best solution is wait for game release and then use 3D objects and textures from our maps to create your own.

Or - another way is to create own textures, own 3D objects and make entirely own map.

Offline Effect #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:30:28 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
I enjoy a challenge. :D ill look into it tomorrow when im off work. If i can id like to help out with the mapping area of the game even if its just one map

Offline imp #5 on: May 10, 2013, 08:07:29 AM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Count me in Effect :) . I just dont know if i would find time to make entire map by my self coz as far as i know its much more work then using radiant but maybe we could group up so maybe I could do some 3D models for your map or such :)

Offline Effect #6 on: May 10, 2013, 10:42:14 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
sounds like a plan. when I get off work ill start doing some research. and I think we have plenty of time concidering the predicted realease date of Murnatan is 2015

UPDATE: found video tutorials. doesn't look TOO much harder from what I've seen. just as you said more time consuming.
http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categories/cat_udk.php
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:56:27 AM by Effect »

Offline Facility. #7 on: May 10, 2013, 12:21:47 PM

• Junior
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Im Good At 3DMAX but i don't know if i can work at this UDK , btw here's my last work an example of my work with a little help from a friend.

Offline Effect #8 on: May 10, 2013, 12:47:49 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Facility it looks pretty similar and there are video tutorials. you should be able to figure it out if you can do that.

Offline Facility. #9 on: May 10, 2013, 03:17:39 PM

• Junior
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Facility it looks pretty similar and there are video tutorials. you should be able to figure it out if you can do that.
i'll look into and see what can i do

Offline Effect #10 on: May 14, 2013, 04:09:21 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
going to attempt to start working on my map tonight during the overnight shift at my work

Offline Loki #11 on: May 14, 2013, 05:31:29 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
going to attempt to start working on my map tonight during the overnight shift at my work

hell of a work

Offline Effect #12 on: May 15, 2013, 09:54:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards

hell of a work
haha well when you working the 11pm-7am shift at a hotel about 4 out of the 8 hours you are doing jack shit. so  its a good time to do research and work on the map

Offline imp #13 on: May 15, 2013, 01:36:49 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards

hell of a work
haha well when you working the 11pm-7am shift at a hotel about 4 out of the 8 hours you are doing jack shit. so  its a good time to do research and work on the map

I understand its not a dream job , yet i am jelly u have a time :|

Offline Weed #14 on: July 03, 2013, 03:20:02 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
imp become map master maker