Author Topic: Credit for builders?  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Machine Medic on: December 23, 2013, 06:52:58 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I've been thinking about how in the past, teammates who spend time building and repairing bases don't tend to get a lot of points on the scoreboards.

I had the idea in my head that perhaps the game could record both kill-counts and stationary HP built/repaired?  HP points deconstructed would also need to be counted against the players as well, to keep them from spamming useless junk, but I think this would be an effective way to keep track of defensive efforts supporting the attackers.

It would certainly help with my own play style that involves building and maintaining the most indestructible, ingenious, and unsurvivable bases possible to support my team rather than getting killed by attacking.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:59:00 PM by Machine Medic »
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline BFG #1 on: January 09, 2014, 04:21:53 PM

• AwardsFor helping with translations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sounds Great!
Maybe when a building(like a turret) kills someone, a amount of creds would go to the person that built it, but not as much as if he just shot the guy.

Offline Rotacak #2 on: January 10, 2014, 06:32:19 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Builder will be rewarded by every builded building and also punished when he will deconstruct something or if he will destroy team buildings. This all will affect his score. I coded similar thing already on R Funserver CZ.

Only repairing will not be rewarded.