Author Topic: Campaign mode  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Jaroth on: July 16, 2014, 01:48:00 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
I haven´t been here for almost a year now, so if this topic has been discussed in the past, pardon me...

My childhood and part of my adolescence my only game was tremulous, so basically i grew up with the game, and I (maybe I´m not the only one) would love to see a campaign of this game.

Its easy if you think of it, we use bots and use a difficulty meter, the campaign doesn´t need to have videos, maybe we can start with old-school Doom with only letters telling a story, so basically my ideas to make a campaign are:

• Bots NPC and enemies.
  • Difficulty metter.
  • For new players this could be a tutorial style and it would be entertain for them instead of playing with bots Unvanquished style.
  • Maybe using programs like blender or after effects for videos or even use images and some text comic style.
  • Campaign with both characters, aliens and humans, each story different from the other.
  • Cooperative Multiplayer

Let me know what you think guys and we can discuss (if not already) about this idea
Jaroth out

War, war never changes...

Offline Machine Medic #1 on: July 16, 2014, 03:20:26 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I believe Rotacak was talking about some sort of simple single-player mode a long time ago.

I'm not sure about integrating any sort of complex storyline into the game beyond the background lore (which Rota is still keeping a secret from us probably until the final release), but some sort of single-player bot match with enemy AIs that progressively get harder and harder would definitely be good for practice, and could perhaps even be a bit entertaining as well.

I definitely like the concept of some sort of cooperative multiplayer mode using the above mechanics.  A group of players all fighting as one team against a group of enemy AIs on the opposite team could potentially serve a niche that Trem has never really covered in depth.

2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Rotacak #2 on: July 16, 2014, 08:17:43 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There will be mod for humans vs bots and maybe more similar mods, but full singleplayer/campaign is not planned.

Anyway, there is still chance that someone will make singleplayer/cooperative map. It could be somewhat possible.

Offline BFG #3 on: July 27, 2014, 08:15:16 AM

• AwardsFor helping with translations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yeah, maybe a initial Singleplayer kinda Tutorial like the game Nexuiz and after that some higher dificulty bots for practice would be great =)

In this initial tutorial, explain all the game mechanics and also make a bot match so the initial player to the game isnt a total noob, and also so it isnt terribly dificult to get your friends to understand the game quickly like in tremulous

OBS: I also haven't been here for more than a year and its awesome to come back and see that things are evolving  :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:17:43 AM by BFG »

Offline Rotacak #4 on: July 28, 2014, 01:19:22 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BFG: I don't know Nexuiz tutorial, but we want to have detailed tutorial there. Not like common game VS bots, but explanation of all aspects of game, how to move, attack, what is what and some small quests. Something like simple singleplayer level.

Offline grmg.pl #5 on: July 29, 2014, 12:01:39 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Good builder tutorial is a must. NE has semi-ubp and sadly 8/10 ppl have no idea how to build a base. Not an "awesome base". A "decent, ok, will hold with camp longer than 2 maras" base.

Offline Axl #6 on: July 29, 2014, 05:51:55 PM

• Junior
  • Whats up Bros!
    • View Profile
    • JonnaGold
    • Awards
I hate it when I would be playing and some one would tell me how to build a base and they would suck at it. And I'd be like OMG I have played Trem for almost 2 years. I think I'd know how to build a base! :-\

BTW they would start yelling at me after dat  ;)
Formally known as the "Stat Padding Try Hard" on World of Tanks.....