Author Topic: Shotgun (Image Heavy)  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Machine Medic on: October 13, 2014, 04:46:06 AM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I will preface this post with the statement that I am not out to hurt the feelings of any of the developers... Rather, I simply want to hold this game to a high standard, and am offering my honest opinion to that end. 

Looking through the items that are modeled in the GameInfo tab, all of the models for the human weapons are pretty appealing so far, except for the Shotgun...

It's the only odd duck in the bunch that is missing personality when compared to the other weapons... It just looks a little bland and unoriginal. 

I find in a lot of modern games that shotguns generally tend to be majorly based off the ancient 'stock-with-a-barrel' ideal:

As opposed to more innovative designs that defy the traditional layout of a shotgun:

The UTS-15 from UTAS Makine:

The MKA-1919 from Akdal Arms:

The Origin-12 from Fostech Arms:

The SRM-1216 from SRM Arms:

While I don't think the current Shotgun design for this game is terrible, I strongly believe that it could use some more work. 

The overall shape is a little lacking in originality.  While it does have a more enclosed looking body than the average smoothbore, it is still an adaptation of the same idea that has been around since Winchester released their famous Model 1912:

The overall texture is primarily flat and devoid of any features aside from the sight rail and magazine well... It could benefit from the addition of small details like the cooling holes, notches, and colors on the Rifle design.

While shotguns in general aren't always seen as the coolest or most popular guns in the world, they still deserve love.  There is no reason that they can't look as badass and beautiful as anything else out there.

I hope I didn't offend anyone on the dev team too much with this post.  My intention is only to make sure this game reaches the high standards that it set out for.  This game deserves to be the best, and I only wish to see that it earns that title without a shadow of a doubt.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:00:55 AM by Machine Medic »
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Loki #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:50:00 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I agree to some extent.

1. it has bad color (really [i mean seriously pretty much}]) I hate khaki
2. it's kinda undetailed, I mean it needs at least a little bit of more carving in it or something like that, I hope you get what I mean

But the shape is pretty good at least for me

Offline Rotacak #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:00:36 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thanks for your opinion! Everything is still in development and some things will be still improved and slightly changed. Best will be to compare visual look in game and then decide.

Only I think that Winchester is quite different - both is pump shotgun but our have magazine instead of classic reloading and I think that is big change (personally I hate that classic reloading in games, it is so sloooow).