Author Topic: First impressions  (Read 9854 times)

Offline Blizz #15 on: March 25, 2018, 01:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
1. Wallwalking too slow (on Trem you can set the type of speed you want)
2. Pounche against humans is pretty useless. The system is the same of Trem 1.2, but the range and the charge are stoned. This doesn't happens against aliens, because with pounche I killed more allies than enemies
3. Mass driver zoom -> ?????
4. Humans turrets are better from 1.1 than from 1.2, you should use that system
5. Please don't make a game with unlimited build points
6. The game is pretty slow, Trem was more dinamic.

This is a great opportunity, don't waste it doing a game like X or W servers.
Trem lived for the competitiveness, not for boring endless games.
Blizz - Tremulous 1.1

Offline Tremor #16 on: March 25, 2018, 02:15:14 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
So first impression....

Someone placed the only human node in this  insta-death pool and there is no way out, and this has been going on for half an hour now. Aliens are camping it too. Seriously who thought it was a good idea to put something like this in the middle of the map, and make it buildable...

10/10 best map design! :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:20:07 PM by Loki »
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda

Offline Loki #17 on: March 25, 2018, 02:20:57 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Machine Medic #18 on: March 25, 2018, 02:42:51 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Reminds me of the old days building nodes hovering precariously over a tall ledge and then waiting for teammates to spawn... pop them with a shotgun, and down they go!

:D
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Rotacak #19 on: March 25, 2018, 03:04:24 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So first impression....

Someone placed the only human node in this  insta-death pool and there is no way out, and this has been going on for half an hour now. Aliens are camping it too. Seriously who thought it was a good idea to put something like this in the middle of the map, and make it buildable...

10/10 best map design! :D

That is bug for bugtracker. There should be kill volume which kills also structures. Easy fix for next version.

BTW, you can use draw vote if something like that happens.

Offline Tremor #20 on: March 25, 2018, 03:56:16 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards

That is bug for bugtracker. There should be kill volume which kills also structures. Easy fix for next version.

BTW, you can use draw vote if something like that happens.

I did, 5 people voted no.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda

Offline Nomad #21 on: March 25, 2018, 04:11:04 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Getting mauled by a tyrant also crashes the game.

Offline Loki #22 on: March 25, 2018, 04:25:16 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Getting mauled by a tyrant also crashes the game.

I don't think that happened to me

Offline BFG #23 on: March 25, 2018, 07:44:45 PM

• AwardsFor helping with translations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Also, we need a way ban people from the server. Happened multiple times now: guy that just kept killing teammates, getting kicked and coming right back.

Offline Dak #24 on: March 25, 2018, 07:55:40 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
- If you set the frame rate to 'Unlimited' you will be capped to ~62fps, I can set mine to 144 fps and achieve more frames.

- I don't own a qwerty keyboard and key bindings are a nightmare for me, it would be nice if we could overlap or have a text file somewhere to change them manually.

Offline Machine Medic #25 on: March 25, 2018, 08:39:45 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yeah, scripted/text-based keybinds will become necessary as the game becomes more and more playable.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Rotacak #26 on: March 26, 2018, 09:26:52 AM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Jumping over turrets is compilicated because if they will be shorter then Tyrant can walk over them. So probably only higher jump can solve this.

Human sprint - and everything is hard to balance. I think is best to play a while and then tune it. We tried lower speeds but aliens was OP because of that.

Air acceleration increase - yes, definitely for Narba.

Boxfield ledge: that is good for aliens :)

Forcefield - good idea.

Graphic settings - agree, Turrets - yes, that is not intentionaly implemented.

Offline Loki #27 on: March 26, 2018, 09:57:15 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Human sprint - and everything is hard to balance. I think is best to play a while and then tune it. We tried lower speeds but aliens was OP because of that.

well in Tremulous the speeds were quite fine, in fact they were satisfyingly fast for aliens and acceptable for humans too - walking and sprinting altogether

in Murnatan however the humans are lightning fast at sprinting and even at walking, while basic aliens are slow

I still can kill humans with a basic Pum but I gotta use pounces more than actual walking... speaking of pounces, is it possible to increase its width? currently it's like shooting with a gun and so even if you hit the human with a pounce, you won't kill him because your crosshair wasn't aimed accurately at his body

Offline Rotacak #28 on: March 26, 2018, 10:14:54 AM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
well in Tremulous the speeds were quite fine, in fact they were satisfyingly fast for aliens and acceptable for humans too - walking and sprinting altogether

in Murnatan however the humans are lightning fast at sprinting and even at walking, while basic aliens are slow
Yea but compare final sprint speed with for example running Tyrant. When we tried lower speeds then any alien can just run away from human safely. Different engine, measuring units (world sizes), player sizes and collisions will cause that speeds from Tremulous simply not works.
But anyway this can be still tunned. And I like to have fully configurable server where any server owner can play with own speeds and test it.

I still can kill humans with a basic Pum but I gotta use pounces more than actual walking... speaking of pounces, is it possible to increase its width? currently it's like shooting with a gun and so even if you hit the human with a pounce, you won't kill him because your crosshair wasn't aimed accurately at his body
Pounce is another thing to tune. Not only width (can be adjusted) but whole pounce feels "light" and not correct.

Offline Loki #29 on: March 26, 2018, 10:32:56 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yeah you're right, the different units etc. didn't cross my mind, well anyway, it's playable with the current speed, it just doesn't feel right though, I am curious about how the tweaks will look

Pounce is another thing to tune. Not only width (can be adjusted) but whole pounce feels "light" and not correct.

exactly, too light, I love the ragdoll though, when you hit a human and his corpse just flies away
speaking of pounce I don't think I heard an actual sound of hitting something with pounce