Author Topic: IndieGoGo campaign for future development  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Rotacak on: March 26, 2018, 10:57:23 AM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello,

some of you asked me how to support Murnatan so now you can do it there: IdieGoGo

Few notes:
1)
I played Murnatan last two days until four o'clock in the morning. We (devs) previously tested that game but only slightly and with max 5 players. In that player count you will not know if it will be good or not. But now with 18 players it was really fun. It is really something that I wanted to create.
I was surprised to see all that old known nicknames from old times. I did not expected that these players still playing :) Also your feedback and suggestions are very good. Well, thanks.

2)
Money from campaign will be used for development, not for what we done so far.

Priorities:
We need to fix atleast crash bugs.

Next we need atleast one dedicated server for gaming - currently I hosting it at home - when I start googling, you will start lagging :) But thanks to you we have now more servers where to play.

Then I would like to implement support for mods to open it for your creations (maps).

And many many other plans, described in campaign.

Most important questions:
What if we get no money?
We would like to fix atleast biggest bugs and crashes. Then development will be paused with occasionall updates (when I will have time and if I will be cappable to develop something alone).

Then I will have to find job/business and get some money also for myself, life, food and so on.

And then when I will gather requested money from job/business then I will get team together again and we will finally finish Murnatan. But that can took several years.

What if we get only part of money?
In that case we spent it into development and we do what we can for that amount. Game will not be completely finished but will be done what can be.

What if we get all the money?
Then I will wake up :) With that we will start full development again and we will finish it.

Offline Loki #1 on: March 26, 2018, 11:12:43 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I hope there's a millionaire somewhere lurking in these forums. I wish the campaign luck, other than that, I cannot do anything else since I am saving money for the university (if that even succeeds lmao). The game is very entertaining especially with higher playercount, the maps are okay but there's too few of them. ATCS is missing a lot so hopefully the modding tools will come out in the future so we can create our own!

I am curious though: is Kickstarter worse than indiegogo? Why the choice?

Offline Rotacak #2 on: March 26, 2018, 12:15:51 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I am curious though: is Kickstarter worse than indiegogo? Why the choice?

Kickstarter is complicated because you have to be resident of USA and similar country. Cannot be from CZ. But success is mainly about marketing, not about Kickstarter/IndieGoGo. So spread info about this campaign, this is our only marketing :)

Offline Rex #3 on: March 26, 2018, 01:04:41 PM

• Never shuts up
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's payday next week, so I guess I found a reason to be broke for all of April :P

I'm a bit worried about this, because this could possibly lead to griefing.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:20:12 PM by Rex »

Offline ViruS #4 on: March 26, 2018, 01:52:18 PM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
It's payday next week, so I guess I found a reason to be broke for all of April :P

^^yeah
pay-to-unlock-trolling-rights.gif

ATCS is missing a lot so hopefully the modding tools will come out in the future so we can create our own!
I'll do it if osmeone gives me an easy enough tutorial to learn off.

I've already done it twice (first was a failed atttempt) and forked off the second version into three versions for three different game modes (siege, which is kinda like Ambush mod, vanilla mode which was also played with a HvH mod in a video, and then there's the ns2:combat version which is actually a seperate game but not like that matters that much)

although honestly it still looks trashier than Tremulous' protocol 71 client's GL2 rendering system:

also this forum needs [spoiler] tag support
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:54:04 PM by ViruS »
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Rotacak #5 on: March 26, 2018, 03:51:44 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Don't worry, it is only prevention from being annoyed by unnamed players. Any other VIP or admin will still be able to callvote kick/ban you.

Offline ProPanek #6 on: March 26, 2018, 05:08:13 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
You should post this IndieGoGo campaign post on the update section in steam too!

Offline ViruS #7 on: March 26, 2018, 07:41:17 PM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
Don't worry, it is only prevention from being annoyed by unnamed players.
There are still better alternatives to this though, that is definitely something that media will pick up upon and therefore reducing the game's rating. Admins not being active is one of the complaints about several old servers in 1.1.

Also regarding names, why the heck are people's usernames defaulted to their PC's names? If possible, set the default to the Steam username. Newbie#UniqueID and Steam UniqueUsernames could also work out (e.g. mine would be ZdrytchX, proven by steamcommunity.com/id/ZdrytchX/)
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Rotacak #8 on: March 26, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Also regarding names, why the heck are people's usernames defaulted to their PC's names? If possible, set the default to the Steam username. Newbie#UniqueID and Steam UniqueUsernames could also work out (e.g. mine would be ZdrytchX, proven by steamcommunity.com/id/ZdrytchX/)
It using PC name because it was implemented before we decided to implement Steam. But yes, it need to be switched to Steam nick.