Author Topic: Pitin is OP  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Loki on: March 28, 2018, 02:22:11 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There were several people upset at me for how easy it was to kill them with a Pitin, they had a helmet and an armor. Sometimes it's basically 3 (head)bites (which are quite rapid in succession) and the hell launcher guy with a helmet and armor is dead. Sometimes it's 4 but it doesn't matter since the biting is fast enough and he can't react swiftly enough.

I must admit it's oddly OP against light armored players. Battlesuits are well protected from Pitin but it's like helmet doesn't make a huge difference.

Offline Rex #1 on: March 28, 2018, 03:18:42 PM

• Never shuts up
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'd agree that Pitin is OP at the moment. They're really effective against armoured players even in S3. (A boosted Pitin is the ultimate annoyance to a lucisuit).

Offline Loki #2 on: March 28, 2018, 03:29:51 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'd agree that Pitin is OP at the moment. They're really effective against armoured players even in S3. (A boosted Pitin is the ultimate annoyance to a lucisuit).

well my problem with pitin is its attack against helmet and larmor targets, pitins are actually a good counter against a lucisuit so that's a good way to make his head hurt :D

Offline ProPanek #3 on: March 28, 2018, 03:32:53 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Yeah, but one accurate shot with shotgun, and pitin no longer exist xD it more depends on the skill of the Player than guessing if something is op.

Offline Loki #4 on: March 28, 2018, 03:39:23 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yeah, but one accurate shot with shotgun, and pitin no longer exist xD it more depends on the skill of the Player than guessing if something is op.

of course but the damage is quite high and the bites go fast, it's really easy for me to kill a s2 guy

Offline Machine Medic #5 on: March 28, 2018, 04:58:52 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I guess dretches were always high risk and high reward to begin with.  A skilled dretch is hard to hit, but a slow one is an easy kill. 

Point being, like everything in the game, it depends on the skills of the player.  Newbies are typically mince-meat on either team.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Prophet #6 on: March 28, 2018, 05:16:23 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dretches and rifles both need to be fairly strong otherwise it would be too easy to win with a snowball.  You should be able to recover from a bad situation by killing an expensive investment with a free spawn.  Remember that the rifle does 150 damage each clip if fired perfectly as well.  That means just 5 shots needed to land on the dretch and just 3 guys need to unload their clips into a rant to get him.

Edit:. The game feels to me like tremulous 1.1 numbers right now but I'm not 100% sure.  It would be nice if all the damage values would be published
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:29:42 PM by Prophet »

Offline Loki #7 on: March 28, 2018, 07:10:28 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Edit:. The game feels to me like tremulous 1.1 numbers right now but I'm not 100% sure.  It would be nice if all the damage values would be published

yep most if not all damage values are exact copies of 1.1, apart from the pitin, I think

because the headbites are much easier to get here in UE4 than in ioq3

Offline Prophet #8 on: March 28, 2018, 10:33:23 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards

yep most if not all damage values are exact copies of 1.1, apart from the pitin, I think

because the headbites are much easier to get here in UE4 than in ioq3

Ah I see.  To be honest I can't really comment on balance at all right now till I the community gets a bit more developed.  Can you comment on how it's easier to head bite in ue4?  Keep in mind that even in tremulous once you learned to aim above the human rather than at the humans getting headbites are fairly trivial as well.  The other thing that factors in is that jumping as a human is by far more expensive for stamina and seems weaker too.  Jumping used to be a very powerful way to combat dretches.  Now it seems jumping is something you only want to do if you need to get over terrain

Offline Loki #9 on: March 28, 2018, 10:44:50 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
well from what I saw the range of bites seems to be larger and thus you don't need to be few inches away from him to get a headbite, sometimes it was as far as appx. 50 cm and I killed a man