Author Topic: What is the objective of the game?  (Read 3872 times)

Offline SlothTreePanda on: April 04, 2018, 10:44:31 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
I would like to know what you are actually meant to achieve in the game, walked around aimlessly for awhile then found a thing that just killed me no matter what I did and my weapons did nothing. All it tells you are what the controls are. Maybe if you had an objective that is more clear from the start people might invest. spent an hour playing and now I'm scratching  my head wondering  what the hell I was supposed to do.

Offline Machine Medic #1 on: April 04, 2018, 11:12:13 AM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Kill the enemy team and all of their spawns.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Rex #2 on: April 04, 2018, 12:29:52 PM

• Never shuts up
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It could definitely do with a quick tutorial (Even just a message box on the main menu to begin with) because it's not exactly clear for non-Trem players to get the objective.

Offline Prophet #3 on: April 04, 2018, 04:01:54 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
To add on what Machine Medic said:  The goal is to make it so no enemy player is on the map OR able to spawn on the map.

There are a few basic strategies you can do to accomplish this...

For Aliens:
1.  Destroy the enemy reactor will make it so all buildings will stop functioning.  Humans are basically screwed here unless they are able to spawn a ckit a build a new one.
2.  Destroy the enemy armory(s) will make it so humans cannot rearm or switch gear.  In smaller games it basically means a human needs to die to spawn with a ckit and build a new one.  During sudden death, this dooms the human team as they can not longer get any armor or weapons.
3.  Destroy the enemy medistation(s) and the human team cannot easily heal (I think you can still get medikit from armory though) During sudden death this ensures you can easily get resources to continue an attack as humans will constantly die and respawn.
4.  Destroy enemy telenodes directly.  This is very effective during sudden death.
5.  Destroy enemy turrets and other defenses to gain access to the above 4.

For Humans:
1.  Destroy the enemy overmind will make it so that enemies cannot evolve.  This gives you a steady flow of income to continue an attack as it forces the enemy to spawn a granger and use low hp pitins to defend.
2.  Destroy the enemy booster will make it so that the aliens can't heal as fast and can no longer poison you.  This is generally priority one for me, especially if the alien base is far away from the human base.
3.  Destroy enemy defenses, in particular trappers and other slowing structures to give you access to overmind and spawns.
4.  Destroy eggs directly, can be effective in sudden death if you can find them all.

This just scratching the surface for the game, as there is a lot of other strategies that may come into play especially when it comes to coordinating with your team.  At high levels of play feint operations, rushes together as a team, and protecting your builder to create a forward base are all important factors that can lead your team to victory.  :)

Offline Loki #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:17:10 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I would like to know what you are actually meant to achieve in the game, walked around aimlessly for awhile then found a thing that just killed me no matter what I did and my weapons did nothing. All it tells you are what the controls are. Maybe if you had an objective that is more clear from the start people might invest. spent an hour playing and now I'm scratching  my head wondering  what the hell I was supposed to do.

Well for a starter there's a Steam page where you download the game from, there you have quite a useful intro

Offline Rotacak #5 on: April 04, 2018, 07:38:12 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
To add on what Machine Medic said:  The goal is to make it so no enemy player is on the map OR able to spawn on the map.

For Aliens:
1.  Destroy the enemy reactor will make it so all buildings will stop functioning.  Humans are basically screwed here unless they are able to spawn a ckit a build a new one.
2.  Destroy the enemy armory(s) will make it so humans cannot rearm or switch gear.  In smaller games it basically means a human needs to die to spawn with a ckit and build a new one.  During sudden death, this dooms the human team as they can not longer get any armor or weapons.
3.  Destroy the enemy medistation(s) and the human team cannot easily heal (I think you can still get medikit from armory though) During sudden death this ensures you can easily get resources to continue an attack as humans will constantly die and respawn.
4.  Destroy enemy telenodes directly.  This is very effective during sudden death.

For Humans:
1.  Destroy the enemy overmind will make it so that enemies cannot evolve.  This gives you a steady flow of income to continue an attack as it forces the enemy to spawn a granger and use low hp pitins to defend.
2.  Destroy the enemy booster will make it so that the aliens can't heal as fast and can no longer poison you.  This is generally priority one for me, especially if the alien base is far away from the human base.
3.  Destroy enemy defenses, in particular trappers and other slowing structures to give you access to overmind and spawns.
4.  Destroy eggs directly, can be effective in sudden death if you can find them all.

This just scratching the surface for the game, as there is a lot of other strategies that may come into play especially when it comes to coordinating with your team.  At high levels of play feint operations, rushes together as a team, and protecting your builder to create a forward base are all important factors that can lead your team to victory.  :)

Can I use it as base for objectives described in game?

Offline Loki #6 on: April 04, 2018, 08:11:35 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Well firstly he should edit the text to make it more objective so it will look official enough :D would be cool tho

Offline Prophet #7 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:48 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards

You may certainly use it!  As Loki it probably should be edited to be a bit more formal.

Offline Rotacak #8 on: April 05, 2018, 01:48:54 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loki: could you fix it? But I think we don't need anything too much official. Just good grammar would be good.

Offline Loki #9 on: April 05, 2018, 01:58:46 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loki: could you fix it? But I think we don't need anything too much official. Just good grammar would be good.

sure thing, will finish my studies and will see to it

Offline Rex #10 on: April 05, 2018, 02:27:34 PM

• Never shuts up
    • View Profile
    • Awards

For Aliens:

For Humans:

May I use this as a basis for a tutorial video explaining the objectives?

Offline Loki #11 on: April 05, 2018, 03:19:06 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

May I use this as a basis for a tutorial video explaining the objectives?

GUYS I DON'T THINK HE COPYRIGHTED THAT TEXT :DDDD

Offline Nomad #12 on: April 05, 2018, 03:58:56 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Here you go, fixed a few errors and edited the text with some additional info:

The goal is to make it so no enemy player is on the map AND able to spawn on the map (no eggs for aliens and no nodes for humans).

For Aliens:
1.  Destroying the enemy reactor will make it so all buildings will stop functioning.  Humans are at a big disadvantage at this moment because they have to spawn with a construction kit (ckit) and build the reactor (if nobody had a ckit on them the moment the reactor was destroyed).
2.  Destroying human armories will make it so humans cannot rearm or switch gear.  In smaller games it basically means a human needs to die to spawn with a ckit and build a new one.  During sudden death (when you can't build anymore), this dooms the human team as they cannot buy armor or weapons any longer.
3.  Destroying enemy medi pads makes the human team unable to heal (only with a med kit, which humans get when they spawn, it has one use and needs to be replenished on a medi pad). During sudden death this ensures you can easily get resources to continue an attack as humans will constantly be on low health, die and respawn.
4.  Destroying enemy nodes (spawns) directly.  This is very effective during sudden death, as they can't rebuild them.
5.  Destroying enemy turrets and other defenses to gain access to the above 4.

For Humans:
1.  Destroying the enemy overmind will make it so that enemies cannot evolve.  This gives you a steady flow of income to continue an attack as it forces the enemy to spawn as grangers or low hp pitins to defend.
2.  Destroying the enemy booster will make it so that the aliens can't heal as fast and can no longer poison you.
3.  Destroying enemy defenses, in particular trappers and other slowing structures to give you access to overmind and spawns.
4.  Destroying eggs directly can be effective in sudden death (as they can't rebuild them) if you can find them all.

This is just scratching the surface for the game, as there are many other strategies that may come into play, especially when it comes to coordinating with your team.  At high levels of play you feint operations, rush together as a team, and protect your builder to create a forward base. This creates momentum to help you overwhelm the enemy team.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:04:25 PM by Nomad »

Offline Machine Medic #13 on: April 05, 2018, 11:20:57 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The goal is to kill off the enemy team after eliminating their ability to respawn (by destroying the humans' nodes or aliens' eggs respectively).
There are a few basic strategies you can use to accomplish this...

For Aliens:
1.  Destroying the enemy reactor will cause all buildings to stop functioning.  Humans will be at a big disadvantage because they have to spawn with a construction kit (ckit) and build the reactor (if nobody had a ckit on them the moment the reactor was destroyed).
2.  Destroying human armories will prevent them from rearming or switching gear.  In smaller games it basically means a human needs to die, respawn with a ckit, and then build a new one.  During sudden death (when you can't build anymore), this dooms the human team as they cannot buy armor or weapons any longer.
3.  Destroying enemy medi pads makes the human team unable to heal (only with a med kit, which humans get when they spawn, it has one use and needs to be replenished on a medi pad). During sudden death this ensures you can easily get resources to continue an attack as humans will constantly be on low health, die and respawn.
4.  Destroying enemy nodes (spawns) directly.  This is very effective during sudden death, as they can't rebuild them.
5.  Destroying enemy turrets and other defenses to gain access to the above 4.

For Humans:
1.  Destroying the aliens' overmind will prevent them from evolving.  This gives you a steady flow of income to continue an attack as it forces the enemy to spawn as grangers or low hp pitins to defend.
2.  Destroying the aliens' booster will slow down their health regeneration and prevent them from poisoning you..
3.  Destroying enemy defenses - in particular, trappers and other slowing structures - gives you access to the overmind and spawns.
4.  Destroying eggs directly can be effective in sudden death (as they can't rebuild them) if you can find them all.

This is just scratching the surface for the game, as there are many other strategies that may come into play... especially when it comes to coordinating with your team.  At high levels of play you feint operations, rush together as a team, and protect your builder to create a forward base. This creates momentum to help you overwhelm the enemy team.

Just offering a second set of eyes.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:26:00 PM by Machine Medic »
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Loki #14 on: April 06, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
damn you native speakers! when will we get the powers you have!