Author Topic: Misc. Suggestions  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Sonno on: April 06, 2018, 02:13:35 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Wanted to throw out some quick suggestions off the top of my head!

Votes (The following should be added):
-Restart Map
-Team Surrender

Vote Mechanic:
-All votes should end after every player in the game has voted, waiting 1 min for every vote is brutal and causes me much impatience

Scoreboard:
-Points make no sense, i'm not sure what it is based off of but it should be a function of building structures, destroying structures, kills, and deaths.
-I'm not sure if others agree but i'd really enjoy seeing kills and deaths on the scoreboard

I'll keep brainstorming and will throw up more as I think of them.

P.S. - Bring back ATCS!!!!

-Sonno

Offline Loki #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:20:14 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
kills would be fine, deaths would turn the game into a K/D shitfest; points are... weird, but it gives the vibe of 'MVP' sort of system

vote timing is too long, I agree

Offline Nomad #2 on: April 06, 2018, 01:55:28 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Kills and score for building should be balanced, encouraging people to both kill and build, sounds cool right?

Offline Rotacak #3 on: April 06, 2018, 02:04:09 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scoring is currently broken but it counting kills and points for building and destroying enemy buildings.

Vote waits because for example when you vote SD and you see that it will pass then you still have some time to build atleast something in emergency (booster, armoury...) before SD. But maybe global vote time could be shorted.

Restart map is bad, it would be used by losing team to ruin game. So it have to be allowed only in first 5 minutes of match and that have no sense.

What is Team Surrender?

Offline Nomad #4 on: April 06, 2018, 04:17:21 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What is Team Surrender?

A vote to surrender to end the game

Offline Sonno #5 on: April 06, 2018, 04:30:14 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
kills would be fine, deaths would turn the game into a K/D shitfest; points are... weird, but it gives the vibe of 'MVP' sort of system

vote timing is too long, I agree

Solid point on the deaths. Once points are fixed then it will be much better

Offline Sonno #6 on: April 06, 2018, 04:33:41 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scoring is currently broken but it counting kills and points for building and destroying enemy buildings.

Vote waits because for example when you vote SD and you see that it will pass then you still have some time to build atleast something in emergency (booster, armoury...) before SD. But maybe global vote time could be shorted.

Restart map is bad, it would be used by losing team to ruin game. So it have to be allowed only in first 5 minutes of match and that have no sense.

What is Team Surrender?

You could implement a wait time after SD votes, are completed. I just think that when there are votes to kick, next map, surrender, etc. we shouldn't have to continue to wait after everyone has voted. Especially if we need to vote on something again.

And I definitely understand the restart map, maybe it could be a vote that requires a unanimous vote count?

Thanks for the reply! Big fan of your maps in Trem!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:42:09 PM by Sonno »

Offline Rotacak #7 on: April 06, 2018, 08:46:16 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What is Team Surrender?

A vote to surrender to end the game

You can use draw vote then.

Offline Prophet #8 on: April 06, 2018, 08:59:12 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
While draw vote does work for ending games.  Surrender allows one team to conceed defeat and end the game without the permission of the other team.  I don't see it that often used because people hate losing, but in murnatan/tremulous there are many losing situations that take forever to play out.   You could call a draw but the team that's winning may feel cheated because they should win, though it may take an hour to actually close out.  An example of this is last tyrant and human team has no credits so they're all nakid rifles. 

Call vote sudden death starts sudden death in 120 seconds, not right away, that would give you time to build emergency stuff even if vote passes instantly.  Waiting for the vote to finish even though everyone voted is annoying because a lot of time you join an empty server and you need to start a new map cause it's already sudden death
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:02:12 PM by Prophet »

Offline Rotacak #9 on: April 06, 2018, 09:18:28 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You could implement a wait time after SD votes, are completed. I just think that when there are votes to kick, next map, surrender, etc. we shouldn't have to continue to wait after everyone has voted. Especially if we need to vote on something again.

And I definitely understand the restart map, maybe it could be a vote that requires a unanimous vote count?

Wait timer after SD vote is good idea.

Everyone voted = end vote immediately - that also sounds good.

Restart vote with unanimous vote count? Hmm. Yes, that could work.

Thanks for the reply! Big fan of your maps in Trem!
I hope I will add Rotcannon soon. Unfinished, but playable :)

Offline Rotacak #10 on: April 06, 2018, 09:23:02 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
While draw vote does work for ending games.  Surrender allows one team to conceed defeat and end the game without the permission of the other team.  I don't see it that often used because people hate losing, but in murnatan/tremulous there are many losing situations that take forever to play out.   You could call a draw but the team that's winning may feel cheated because they should win, though it may take an hour to actually close out.  An example of this is last tyrant and human team has no credits so they're all nakid rifles. 
I remember something like surrender from Trem. It was not nice when we was winning and suddently game ended because enemy team surrended - even when you will win then. Best is to eat enemy and then win :)

Call vote sudden death starts sudden death in 120 seconds, not right away, that would give you time to build emergency stuff even if vote passes instantly.  Waiting for the vote to finish even though everyone voted is annoying because a lot of time you join an empty server and you need to start a new map cause it's already sudden death
Hmm, agree.

Offline Prophet #11 on: April 06, 2018, 09:50:49 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I agree there.  It is annoying when enemy team deny you the chance to wipe them out.   ;D

Offline Sonno #12 on: April 06, 2018, 10:01:33 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards

I hope I will add Rotcannon soon. Unfinished, but playable :)
[/quote]

Yes Yes Yes