Author Topic: Pieces,etc.  (Read 3292 times)

Offline SoullesS on: January 11, 2013, 03:49:14 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
If new trem wil got new engine it will be nice to tear a part aliens and humans into the pieces with difrent weapons and alien abilities.
  A too good will be small rpg system into game,upgreading own weapons colors of character ,customes,skins etc . but for sure players with lower level will have their own  server, coz dont need to say player what we have for example lvl 15 and have upgreaded stronger weps  alien skills will not play in same room with lvl 1-2 that will kill game...
 If u start playing game uv got daily reward,multikill rewards,frag with granger bonus reward,even if u loose match u will got small small reward for played match and on your score.

Offline Rotacak #1 on: January 11, 2013, 04:20:06 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tear players into the pieces is little too brutal. Maybe with some "brutal on" option, but we do not planning it yet.

There will be score system and I like ranking system, that someone already suggested here, and you will be able to change skin/colors (if it will be allowed on server). But there will be no weapon upgrading etc. - if player will be good, then only because he is skilled, not because he gained some upgrades.

About rewards - we have planned achievements (with ability to level them up), but again - they will not make you stronger in game.

Offline One.Oblivion #2 on: January 11, 2013, 05:06:12 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards

About rewards - we have planned achievements (with ability to level them up), but again - they will not make you stronger in game.

so we get achievements and level up but the leveling up doesnt affect any damage or anything? leveling is just for show?

if so then good ^^

Offline SoullesS #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:32:00 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
But i still think u must feed players and make it for them more atractive.... like some things from mmo games ... u must give into new trem somekind of drug. like > i must do today this in trem,tomorrow that and that.I think achievements are not good enough for that. Trem2 must be drug think about it,if we dont want loose it like 1.1 and no choice for 1.2 never had to exist. with  AAA is posible many things i dont want to loose trem again  :'(

Offline Nomad #4 on: January 11, 2013, 06:59:13 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Soulless :D

Chopping parts of human's body would be pretty fun, I do that a lot in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and it's soo satisfying.. well I'm not a brutal personality or anything like that. And also, achievements are pretty enough. People will not quit trem like they did in 1.1, because there will nothing like 1.2 coming, so that's my opinion.

Offline Rotacak #5 on: January 11, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
so we get achievements and level up but the leveling up doesnt affect any damage or anything? leveling is just for show?
Yes.

But i still think u must feed players and make it for them more atractive.... like some things from mmo games ... u must give into new trem somekind of drug. like > i must do today this in trem,tomorrow that and that.I think achievements are not good enough for that. Trem2 must be drug think about it,if we dont want loose it like 1.1 and no choice for 1.2 never had to exist. with  AAA is posible many things i dont want to loose trem again  :'(
Don't worry. We want to make a "drug" from whole game and gameplay, not just from some items :)

Offline Loki #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:51:11 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's actually called 'dismembering', it would be funny to see bit off face from mara but it kills peaceful tremulous which had barely blood.

Offline Gunther #7 on: January 11, 2013, 10:05:41 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards

If you go down that road, then the game gets full of idiots. "Lets but this 10x pack of this to get me a health boost for 50 minutes" is a great way to troll players. I have personally deleted accounts on games because they spammed me so much about all the sales and deals or free stuff I could get. ("But only today!")
Good games don't need to do this because they are just that good.
Now you see me...now you don't...headshot

Offline Machine Medic #8 on: January 11, 2013, 10:37:42 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
if player will be good, then only because he is skilled, not because he gained some upgrades.

A+

The only micro transactions and bonuses I tolerate in any game, really, are aesthetic changes and maps.

Really, that's all you should need if the game is worth playing.

If you make a great game that everybody wants to play and make maps & visual morphs for, then giving the mappers and morphers the option to charge for said merchandise (with a percentage for the company) is a no-brainer.  But charging for weapons and game-changing stats is simply unacceptable.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:39:59 PM by Machine Medic »
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Loki #9 on: January 11, 2013, 11:50:41 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
if player will be good, then only because he is skilled, not because he gained some upgrades.

A+

The only micro transactions and bonuses I tolerate in any game, really, are aesthetic changes and maps.

If you make a great game that everybody wants to play and make maps & visual morphs for, then giving the mappers and morphers the option to charge for said merchandise (with a percentage for the company) is a no-brainer.  But charging for weapons and game-changing stats is simply unacceptable.

same feeling here
pay2win is going to die soon

Offline Gunther #10 on: January 12, 2013, 05:07:15 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards

A+

same feeling here
Never underestimate dumb people with a lot of money for online games.
Although they soon become smart poor people...but then they can get the 50% off sale so as to be poor slower and happier.  :P
(And make devs happy too)
Now you see me...now you don't...headshot

Offline Loki #11 on: January 12, 2013, 08:19:36 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

A+

same feeling here
Never underestimate dumb people with a lot of money for online games.
Although they soon become smart poor people...but then they can get the 50% off sale so as to be poor slower and happier.  :P
(And make devs happy too)

I am saying it because I want it to die :b