Author Topic: Kickstarter is paused  (Read 14325 times)

Offline Lava Croft #30 on: March 05, 2013, 08:00:27 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Have you even read my posts here, or what? The only guy who is spreading hate in this thread is you.

Offline Loki #31 on: March 05, 2013, 09:27:56 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Have you even read my posts here, or what? The only guy who is spreading hate in this thread is you.

There's me also. Watch pretty carefully Tremulous official forum about T2. There's a topic. Pretty sure you've seen it. So read all of posts again. Analyse them and make a will about who first spread the hate. Please. If you cannot see the truth there, you cannot blame other people here for hating.

Offline Lava Croft #32 on: March 06, 2013, 12:53:01 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
I can only speak for myself. I have not hated on this project at all. I'm merely a Tremulous lover who sees two groups of complete morons hating on each other. That includes the Tremulous forums as well as these forums. If you think the best answer to hate is more hate, you are making a sorry mistake. Take your hooliganism to the soccer pitch or something.

Offline ViruS #33 on: March 06, 2013, 02:27:02 PM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
Yeah I have to agree on different opinions. Most modern-day children can't even start to like fast paced shooters and stuck to realism/COD style.
3) Then you should start to doing something with it. Look where is your Trem without money and where is Natural Selection with money.
Natural Selection got official support from Valve. IdTech didn't care about its mods much, except probably the really popular ones CPM and Defrag. However they did support its community in modding.
NS was also supported via money from Valve but not through its community money as much as other commercial games.

I will get this game if it becomes free, but I have a slim chance of buying it if it costs money. Well your opinion.
With money, you can advertise more on websites but then your living costs need to be supported as well. Right now T2's state is really low for a commerical game. I suggest you to get a job then advertise the game using a portion of that money while the rest supports your living expenses. As for the money earnt through the T2 community, well I don't know.

Basically I'm saying it's more beneficial if you get a job  (or get your previous one back) and use the money earnt to support this project rather than relying on the community which is pretty much bleak now.
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Rotacak #34 on: March 06, 2013, 02:32:03 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I suggest you to get a job then advertise the game using a portion of that money while the rest supports your living expenses. As for the money earnt through the T2 community, well I don't know.
Thanks for your suggestion ;)

Basically I'm saying it's more beneficial if you get a job  (or get your previous one back) and use the money earnt to support this project rather than relying on the community which is pretty much bleak now.
You suggesting me what I should do and where I should put my money. Thanks, but I have own plans.

Offline Machine Medic #35 on: March 06, 2013, 10:34:46 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It is helpful to suggest how to accomplish something.

It is rude to tell a man what to do with his money and career.

There is a very fine line between the two.
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Khaoz #36 on: March 07, 2013, 12:37:46 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
It is helpful to suggest how to accomplish something.

It is rude to tell a man what to do with his money and career.

There is a very fine line between the two.

If anything Virus is worried about the well-being of Rotacak.
He just said that he doesn't want Rotacak to have to rely on the community to make a living.

Advice isn't rude, it depends how you take it.

Offline ViruS #37 on: March 08, 2013, 02:58:31 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
That gets me thinking. I'm in the film club at my school, we were talking about what we should make our vid on and we were discussing some of freddiewong's and corridor digital's videos.

Try asking them to make a vid for us, thousands or more may come. They did a really good job on the TF2 video, and I'm sure they're interested in hearing out from game developers.
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.

Offline Loki #38 on: March 08, 2013, 03:10:58 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
That gets me thinking. I'm in the film club at my school, we were talking about what we should make our vid on and we were discussing some of freddiewong's and corridor digital's videos.

Try asking them to make a vid for us, thousands or more may come. They did a really good job on the TF2 video, and I'm sure they're interested in hearing out from game developers.

There's chance like 0:1000

Offline ViruS #39 on: March 10, 2013, 09:15:00 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
There's chance like 1:1000
Corrected. People requested videos for some games and a fraction of those requests are granted.

Offline Lava Croft #40 on: March 10, 2013, 11:48:38 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Loki #41 on: March 10, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Corrected. People requested videos for some games and a fraction of those requests are granted.

Wrong.

Offline Khaoz #42 on: March 12, 2013, 01:33:51 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards

Wrong.

Well if they did they did.
Nothing wrong about it.
Stop being so negative, you scare everyone away.

Offline Loki #43 on: March 12, 2013, 07:20:36 AM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Wrong.

Well if they did they did.
Nothing wrong about it.
Stop being so negative, you scare everyone away.

You'll die. Lol jk.

I don't think freddiew and co would try to even contact us if there wouldn't be some financials.
I am just being realistic, sry sry for insultes.

Offline Sayeru #44 on: March 12, 2013, 10:08:29 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
I waited quietly for beta versions and you guys write such sad things. I understand both rotack and timbo arguments. You guys should talk seriously about tremulous 2 before making this forum and kickstarter. Therefore I like idea making tremulous game for cash, what else would motivate people to code?

So, me and my polish friends would like to play in the future (not that much as in the past :) ) new trem, just need to inform them. Good luck with the project rotacak.