Author Topic: Murnatan will be free!  (Read 21070 times)

Offline Facility. #15 on: January 18, 2017, 02:06:44 AM

• Junior
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline pishka1 #16 on: January 27, 2017, 11:46:30 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
@virus

Well if you look at cs go they made quite the profit from only skins and game sells so there might be a chance this game will make profit

Offline Loki #17 on: January 28, 2017, 09:26:17 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
@virus

Well if you look at cs go they made quite the profit from only skins and game sells so there might be a chance this game will make profit

Counter-Strike is a popular brand of a popular company. Murnatan on the other hand.

Offline ViruS #18 on: February 05, 2017, 11:32:08 AM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
Murnatan, could possibly enter this competition? http://www.moddb.com/games/superhot/makeitsuperhot

Counter-Strike is a popular brand of a popular company. Murnatan on the other hand.
Weren't they originally just a mod?
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Machine Medic #19 on: February 05, 2017, 02:17:22 PM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Murnatan, could possibly enter this competition? http://www.moddb.com/games/superhot/makeitsuperhot

Murnatan has no game mechanics, visuals, or inspiration remotely related to Superhot.  What relevance does that competition have to this game and the fact that it is free?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:50:57 PM by Machine Medic »
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline ViruS #20 on: February 07, 2017, 08:50:13 AM

• View Profile
    • ZdrytchX's reference website, the tremulous-related link heaven.
    • Awards
*looks at it more carefully*

Ooh.. my bad. I thought it was a generic mod competition for all users
Quote from: lamefun
Therefore, Tremulous 2 might have the future (or might not, since it isn't developed by a corporations, depends on what Global Government will decide), but Unvarnished doesn't.
Quote from: Khaoz
Sucks to be those Unvarnished guys.

Offline Prophet #21 on: February 07, 2017, 12:27:43 PM

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Awards
@Virus:

Quote from: Rotacak
yes, most of profits (maybe all) will be from in-game shop where you will be able to buy better looking things. It will not be paytowin because paytowin is not fun and I want to have fun game where skill wins. That is reason why you will not find things like this in shop: stronger weapons, bigger magazines, better armour etc. Instead there will be: skins, effects, animations etc.
I never mentioned the issue of pay to win. Also, simply selling skins and maps is not enough for a company to survive (Example: Unknown Worlds Entertainment has both sold the game AND sold skins, yet they did not make much profit out of it - Most of their profit seems to come from subnautica)

League of Legends

Offline MegaMedic #22 on: February 08, 2017, 05:44:10 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Somehow I'm glad about this because anyone can play it 4 free. Somehow I'm not just because you had a budget on this game and after so many years of work your team won't get nothing. Well, at least let's hope that the players will be interested for the shop. I can't wait to play it

Edit: Please post an annoucement on the Greenlight Steam Page so you can attract more people in the meantime
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 05:47:28 PM by MegaMedic »

Offline Lizardwithhat #23 on: March 07, 2017, 12:43:42 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hey Rota, when will you start searching for Admins for Murnatan? Maybe you would consider some willing old RCZ lvl7 admins?

Offline Rotacak #24 on: March 07, 2017, 01:55:57 PM

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lizardwithhat: admins from RCZ are still alive? :) We will see when it will runs. But admins will be needed for sure.

Offline Oblivion #25 on: March 13, 2017, 02:34:56 AM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Same, interested in admin-ship. ;)

Offline Machine Medic #26 on: March 13, 2017, 09:50:49 AM

• Hero
  • Been there. Done that.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I might be interested, but it will depend heavily on exactly what the rule set is going to be, and how much I actually play on the public servers.

Maybe.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:39:17 PM by Machine Medic »
2x 980ti @1.3GHz, 5820k @ 4.4GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz, SSD 950 512GB & 850 1024GB.

=\Co-Leader of Contra Clan/=

Offline Nomad #27 on: March 13, 2017, 06:19:00 PM

• Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I am surely willing to do the admin work once again like in the old times of Funserver, considering the game is free there will be many trolls. You might wanna revive the old admin application website you had for both 1.1 and 1.2.

Offline Loki #28 on: March 13, 2017, 11:54:27 PM

• Hero
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I am surely willing to do the admin work once again like in the old times of Funserver, considering the game is free there will be many trolls. You might wanna revive the old admin application website you had for both 1.1 and 1.2.

yeah that'd be nice

Offline Avarthar #29 on: April 02, 2017, 04:52:14 PM

• View Profile
    • Awards
1) first popular question: How much will it cost?
After long time we decided to change one very important aspect of game. And that is price. Murnatan will be free for everyone 8)

But this nice change have one dark side. That side is one reason why Tremulous died. What is it?: griefers. When game is free then anyone can play it and anyone can ruin games (team kills, team base kills, deconning, ghosting, blocking...) just for "fun". That player can be banned but because of game is free then nothing stops him to create another account and continue with griefing.

We are prepared for these griefers and we will eliminate this dark side. How? By good admin system and with good server features for server owners. So don't worry.

2) second popular question: When it will be released?
Release is planned to: 6/2017

But expect alpha version where some things can work not so good.

And in 12/2017 is planned to release in-game shop.

Hey rotacak, remember me from your old FunServer on tremulous? Well if you don't, there's no problem ^^
If you need someone in administrating/moderating in-game just tell me, I've proved being good a lot of times in the past.
(Don't worry I don't ask for any level or rights, I just wanna make myself back useful on a project that is worth it)

PS.
I've left GHUB project for good, that's why I come here to help as much as I can ^^.
By the way, I'll probably post some of the arts I do in the Off-Topic if you don't mind. (Such as my drawings and maybe some musics ^^ (Even if I find them not really good :( )).

Anyway, even if it was still not free, I would have bought the game.
I mean you and your team are the only good project that works so far. (Unvanquished did good for a while, but they went silent for a while now :( ), but you and your team are actively working on it and has proven good multiple times. Continue your great work, can't wait for murnatan to come out. ^^